Monday, April 18, 2005

A Cowboy Called Lightning - Composer Plug

A Cowboy Called Lightning - If you're a small theatre company looking for a fun & original musical play, consider "Cowboy" - I was presented with Dorinda Clifton's script in 2002 and got lazy. Then I got busy on it...then I got lazy again. But at some point I'd realized it was done - I'd finished the 39 or so short musical cues I set out to write. It was originally a play...the musical version retains the spirit of her play with the addition and integration of several musical numbers. It's truly a musical play.

After composing was completed (sometime in 2004) I put together a very quick demo (with me doing all of the voices; not ideal but it was usually late at night or very early in the morning when I did it - had to get it done!) - but ya know, it works. I could plead for you to "suspend belief" and hear beyond the raw composer demo, but I won't! (But please, please do!)

Anyway, if you are looking to do a show and don't have a lot of dough (ha! or especially if you do)...then (punch line please...) this is the show for you. Suitable for a diverse cast of beginners or pros, "A Cowboy Called Lightning" will be an entertaining show for all audiences.

Contact me for more information on obtaining a script and a complete CD of the musical numbers.

Production materials currently include:

* Complete Script/Lyrics
* Complete Vocal/Chorus score with Piano, Bass, Drum/Percussion parts.

Additional ensemble parts (Clarinet, Flute, Violin, Cello, French Horn) can be added provided performance dates are set at least 4 months in advance.

All materials herein (c) Rob Birdwell (Music) and Dorinda Clifton (Story, Script, Lyrics)

No comments: